Customers and Retail Markets Working Group (CRM WG)
In 2020, monitoring consumer protection and competitive retail markets will continue to be a major focus of CEER Customers and Retail Markets Working Group (CRM WG), with an emphasis on enabling consumers to engage more effectively in energy markets and energy regulation issues.
In particular, we will examine:
- New developments and trends on consumer empowerment and protection in European energy markets (joint ACER/CEER Market Monitoring Report).
- The monitoring of retail markets based on CEER National Indicators (Retail Market Monitoring report).
- Progress toward achieving well-functioning retail energy markets in 2025 (Roadmap to 2025 for Well-Functioning Retail Energy Markets – new Status Review).
- Impact on regulation and consumer protection of innovative business models, products and services emerging in the energy sector and beyond.
- The assessment and review of the joint CEER/BEUC Vision 2020 for Europe's energy customers;
- Digital comparison tools and cybersecurity aspects in the framework of CEER's PEER initiative for cross-sectoral and cross-authority cooperation.
CRM WG has five work streams:
1. Customer Empowerment Work Stream (CEM WS).
2. Innovation and Retail Markets Work Stream (IRM WS).
3. Monitoring Consumer Empowerment Work Stream (MCE WS).
4. Monitoring Retail Markets Work Stream (MRM WS).
5. Retail Market Roadmap Work Stream (RMR WS).