Customers and Retail Markets Working Group (CRM WG)
In 2023, monitoring consumer protection and competitive retail markets will continue to be a major focus of CEER Customers and Retail Markets Working Group (CRM WG), with an emphasis on enabling consumers to engage more effectively in energy markets, specially taking into account the current high energy prices climate.
In particular, we will examine:
- New developments and trends on consumer empowerment and protection, as well as market functioning based on CEER National Indicators, in European energy markets (joint ACER/CEER Market Monitoring Report).
- Progress toward achieving well-functioning retail energy markets by 2025 (Roadmap to 2025 for Well-Functioning Retail Energy Markets).
- Consumer engagement and access to energy markets, in a series of webinars to be organised by the Customers and Retail Markets WG and the Consumer Empowerement WS.
- New (green) offers in the energy market and promoting thrustworthy information for all consumers.
- The assessment and review of the joint CEER/BEUC Vision 2020 for Europe's energy customers.
- Review the CEER's 2017 metrics to evaluate the functioning of national retail energy markets (CEER 2017 Handbook for National Energy Regulators - How to assess retail market functioning)
CRM WG has four work streams:
1. Innovation and Retail Markets Work Stream (IRM WS).
2. Consumer Empowerment Work Stream (CEM WS).
3. Monitoring Retail Markets Work Stream (MRM WS).
4. Retail Market Roadmap Work Stream (RMR WS).
For more information about CEER publications please click here.