In 2019, the work from the Distribution Working Group will examine the changing role of distribution networks in anticipation of current retail and wholesale market developments. In 2019, we will focus on:
- a benchmark on the level of power losses (CEER Benchmarking Report on Power Losses, the 2017 report on this topic is published here);
- several papers on network tariffs, stranded assets and the whole system approach;
- preparation of the 7th Benchmarking Report on Quality of Electricity and Gas Supply, updating 6th benchmark published in 2016. This substantial document is planned to be published in 2020; and
- cybersecurity in the energy sector, with a public workshop on 21 June. In this workshop also regulators from other sectors take part in the discussion on cybersecurity.
The DS WG has two work streams, though much of its work is done via small project teams:
- Energy Quality of Supply (EQS); and
- Cybersecurity (CS).