On 5th October 2006, ERGEG launched a public consultation on the Cross border framework for transmission network infrastructure.
This paper sets out ERGEG’s views on the issues of the cross border framework for transmission investment.
- The process for obtaining building and construction authorisations and permissions for transmission network infrastructure is a crucial immediate issue, and needs to be recognized and tackled.
- Present provision of transmission network infrastructure is largely driven by national law and requirements. Obligations on authorities or TSOs seldom or insufficiently extend to cross border infrastructure or the need to integrate markets.
The paper also makes recommendations and invites views regarding an appropriate framework for the provision of cross border transmission infrastructure. ERGEG first view on recommendations includes calls for:
- Extensions to planning and operation standards on TSOs to include cross border obligations
- Adjustment of regulators’ duties and competences to include some cross border or regional elements
- Re-orientation of the role of TSOs in order that they act in a more joint manner, subject to regulators
Following the end of the public consultation period, ERGEG will publish all comments received from stakeholders. If a respondent would like ERGEG to treat their submission confidentially this must be explicitly mentioned.
Comments should be received by 1st December 2006 and should be sent by email to: email@example.com
Any questions concerning this document should in the first instance be directed to:
Mrs Una Shortall
Tel. +32 2 788 73 30
Fax +32 2 788 73 50