This online course is offered as Module 2 of the Series on REMIT Implementation - Level B: Specialised Course.
Staff from National Regulatory Authotities (NRAs) need expertise to carry out monitoring activities of the wholesale energy markets at national level according to REMIT. As part of this, NRA staff need to understand REMIT’s provisions as well as market abuse behaviours, investigation and enforcement procedures, interactions with financial market regulation and anti-trust regulation. This will help facilitate effective cooperation to ensure compatibility and consistency in the application of measures dealing with potential market abuse and their enforcement in energy markets.
Specialised experts from National Regulatory Authorities with previous experience in REMIT implementation and market monitoring (who have completed Module 1 of the CEER Series on REMIT Implementation or have 2 years of experience in REMIT implementation and market monitoring). Other experts from European Institutions (ACER, European Commission) and financial regulators are also invited to attend.
NRA experts who register for this online course will be granted free access to the online Energy Markets Training Programme of the European Federation of Energy Traders (EFET).
- Online class which gives the participants the opportunity to participate in interesting presentations, discussions and exchanges with the trainers and other participants via video conference methods.
- Access to interesting literature review and reading materials on the topics addressed in the course.
- Interesting exercises and course work that participants need to prepare in advance to contribute to the online debates during the online class.
Online Class on 25 November 2020 - 10:30 - 16:00 (CET).
• Discuss the recent update on REMIT implementation and the interactions between REMIT and financial market legislation, including Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) and Criminal Sanctions for Market Abuse Directive (CSMAD).
• Discover practical surveillance and investigation cases, using detection and monitoring tools and enforcement powers carried out by national regulators.
• Compare the anti-trust enforcement in the energy supply business with the tools available to regulators under REMIT and MAR.
Please check the draft programme of the training below. Please note that you need to log-in as a member to download the draft programme.
Course Director: Ms Annegret Groebel, BNetzA, CEER President, Chair CEER MIT WG.
- "It is a good training for staff in charge of REMIT. It is a balanced training between theoretical and practical matters".
- "I am pleased to take part at this training course and I learned a lot of things which will help me in my future job in REMIT".