The current discussions on new policies for filling storage facilities next winter and ongoing preparations to guarantee security of gas supply will shape Europe’s energy landscape for decades to come.
The EU Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER) and the Council of European Energy Regulators (CEER) are hosting a webinar to present their work on gas storage and security of gas supply.
While discussing their analyses, such as the Report on National Gas Storage, the Reflection Paper on Long-Term Energy Storage and regulators' views on the revision of the SoS and gas storage Regulations, ACER and CEER also aim to provide a space for the European Commission to present its proposal to mitigate high energy prices with common gas purchases and minimum gas storage obligations. The ensuing panel discussion and Q&A session will be an opportunity to exchange views with other stakeholders.
Confirmed speakers include
- Pedro Verdelho (CEER Vice President and Chair of the ACER-CEER Gas Working Group),
- Jan Kostevc (Team Leader - Energy Infrastructrue, ACER),
- Ilaria Conti (Head of Gas, Florence School of Regulation),
- Boyana Achovski (Secretary General, Gas Infrastructure Europe) and
- Doug Wood (Gas Committee Chair, European Federation of Energy Traders).