In a rapidly evolving energy sector, with an increasing share of renewable/distributed energy, more active consumers, digitalisation and cybersecurity, Commissioner-level and senior-level staff of National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) must reflect on their NRA's role and vision in order to deal with the new challenges faced at national and European level. In addition, with the forthcoming "Clean Energy for All Europeans" Package, it is very important for NRA senior staff to understand European energy policy, how it is developed by the EU and the role that NRAs play in influencing and implementing it.
This seminar is exclusively designed for NRA Commissioner-level and senior-level staff.
- Key insights into how energy policy discussions, developments and structures at EU level significantly affect regulators and energy markets, including the Clean Energy Package
- Unique opportunity to meet and exchange views with the key players at the European Parliament, European Commission, CEER and ACER
- Lively discussion on regulators' new vision, priorities as well as challenges at the EU level as part of the high level goal to facilitate the creation of a single, competitive, efficient and sustainable Internal Energy Market
- Exchange practical experiences on the governance of NRAs, how other NRAs are organised and their approaches in advising and briefing national Governments and Ministries while safeguarding regulators' independence
The programme offers a first-hand opportunity to learn from fellow senior regulators, policy-makers and energy actors who are directly involved in energy regulatory policy development and implementation.
What did participants say about the previous CEER's Executive Seminar?
- "The seminar was eye-opening and provided a view of the strategic and political aspects".
- "I left the seminar with a greater understanding of the EU processes and actors. I was very pleased to have met colleagues from NRAs as well as external contacts".
Course Director: Mr Garrett Blaney, CRU, CEER President and Chair of ACER's Board of Regulators.
Course Advisor: Ms Annegret Groebel, BNetzA, CEER Vice President and Co-Chair CEER MIT WG.