This course enables Commissioner-level and senior-level staff of National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) to reflect on their NRA's role and effectiveness with the implementation of the "Clean Energy for All Europeans" Package and the European Green Deal and on how they regulate. This intensive and exclusive one-day programme provides a unique opportunity for participants (Commissioner-level and senior-level NRA staff) to learn and exchange views on the implementation of the new regulatory framework under the "Clean Energy for All Europeans" Package and the European Green Deal, on what dynamic regulation means and why regulators need to pursue dynamic regulation in times of change. The programme offers a first-hand opportunity to learn from fellow senior regulators, policy-makers and energy actors who are directly involved in energy regulatory policy development and implementation.
This seminar is exclusively designed for NRA Commissioner-level and senior-level staff. Other experts from European Institutions (ACER, European Commission) are also invited to attend.
Options for participation:
- Physical presence
- Video Connection (check the reduced course fee in the tab "Course Fee")
- Key insights into public policies, regulatory policy and how to implement the new regulatory framework in general.
- Unique opportunity to meet and exchange views with the key players at the European Commission (Secretariat-General, Directorate General for Energy), Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), CEER and academics.
- Lively discussion on dynamic regulation, how to ensure regulation anticipates and, as appropriate, adapts to market evolutions, how to regulate an industry/network with potentially continuing reduced energy volumes and more intermittent sources, how to move from static regulation to more dynamic regulation and how to regulate infrastructure for different purposes.
- Useful exchange on the longer term impact of the coronavirus crisis on regulation as well as transitional regulation and the assessment of regulatory delivery in energy transition processes.
Course Director: Ms Annegret Groebel, BNetzA, CEER President, Chair CEER MIT WG.
Course Advisor: Mr Jorge Vasconcelos, Chairman of New Energy Solutions, Member of CEER Training Academy Advisory Board.
What did participants say about the previous CEER's Executive Seminar?
- "The seminar was eye-opening and provided a view of the strategic and political aspects".
- "I left the seminar with a greater understanding of the EU processes and actors. I was very pleased to have met colleagues from NRAs as well as external contacts".