The priority for Europe’s energy sector is to decarbonise while maintaining security of supply, affordability for consumers and competitiveness for businesses. For the gas sector, infrastructure planning, legislation and policy need to be updated to facilitate decarbonisation, improve market functioning and maximise the opportunities arising from sector integration. Energy regulators, while having to deal with the implementation and monitoring the Network Codes in Gas, also face with these new emerging regulatory challenges in the European gas sector.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This tailor-made CEER online training programme is designed for experts from National Regulatory Authorities with previous experience in gas market regulation who would like to update their knowledge and expertise in order to deal with the continuing and emerging challenges in the European gas markets, including those arising in connection with the development and use of renewable and decarbonised gases. Other experts from European Institutions (ACER, European Commission) are also invited to attend.
Level B: Specialised Course
WHAT TO EXPECT
This course will cover the future developments of the European gas markets and the role of gas in the European Green Deal. It will provide lessons learnt from developing the Gas Target Model and case studies on some remaining and emerging issues during the implementation. In anticipation of the revised EU legislation affecting the gas market, the programme will address expected new developments and new regulatory challenges, including infrastructure challenges, cooperation and coordination between electricity and gas sectors, regulatory oversight and dynamic regulation to support new activities and technologies. Moreover, participants will have the opportunity to join interesting discussions on how to deal with emerging issues in a dynamic gas market through presentation of good regulatory practices and approaches.
Online Class 1 on Wednesday, 6 October 2021
Online Class 2 on Thursday, 7 October 2021
Online Class 3 on Friday, 8 October 2021
⏲️ 14:00 - 17:00 (CEST) each day
- A series of online classes which give the participants the opportunity to participate in interesting presentations, discussions and exchanges with the trainers and other participants.
- Access to interesting literature review and reading materials on the topics addressed in the course.
- Interesting exercises and course work that participants need to prepare in advance to contribute to the online debates during the online classes.
The online classes will count on an exclusive and balanced combination of trainers:
Course Director: Mr Benoît Esnault, CRE, Vice-Chair CEER-ACER Gas Working Group
- Jean-Baptiste Dubreuil, IEA
- Bartek Gurba, European Commission, DG ENER-C3
- Megan Anderson and Bram Claeys, Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP)
- Elisa Kahl and Monique Coenraad - van der Zande, ACM
- Margot Loudon, Former Deputy Secretary General of Eurogas
- Markus Krug, E-Control
- Mitja Maletin, ACER
- Rota Šņuka, Public Utilities Commission of Latvia (PUC)
- Louis Watine, ENTSOG
- Anca-Iulia Cimpeanu, European Commission, DG ENER-C4
- Szuzsanna Szeles, European Commission, DG ENER-C2
- Edouard Le Bret, CRE
Course Advisor: Ms Margot Loudon, Eurogas Former Deputy Secretary General, Member of CEER Training Academy Advisory Board