This course is offered as Module 1 of the Series on REMIT Implementation - Level A: Overview Course.
Since the adoption of the data reporting requirements on energy market participants, the implementation of the EU Regulation on Wholesale Energy Markets Integrity and Transparency (REMIT) has further progressed at the European and national level. NRAs must take necessary measures to be well prepared to take on the demanding duties under REMIT.
NRA staff need expertise to carry out monitoring activities of the wholesale energy markets at national level according to REMIT. As part of this, NRA staff need to understand REMIT’s provisions as well as market abuse behaviours, investigation and enforcement procedures and interactions with financial market regulation.
Experts from National Regulatory Authorities who are new to REMIT issues (1-2 years experience in REMIT implementation and market monitoring). Other experts from European Institutions (ACER, European Commission) and financial regulators are also invited to attend.
NRA experts who register for this course will be granted free access to the online Energy Markets Training Programme of the European Federation of Energy Traders (EFET).
• Review the overall EU legal framework for REMIT, the roles and challenges for NRAs and the interactions with financial market legislation
• Update on the market monitoring and data collection system at the European level, including registration of market participants
• Discuss market abuse provisions under REMIT and participate in interesting group work on practical case studies
• Discover practical examples of data reporting systems implemented at national level through live demos as well as practical approaches regarding investigation and enforcement by national regulators and learn from real-life experiences in energy and other closely related sectors
With a wide range of lecturers from ACER, NRAs, financial market authorities and energy trading, this course brings together senior experts working directly with REMIT issues and financial market regulation and provides participants with a unique opportunity to exchange experience with experts and colleagues from other NRAs.
Please check the draft programme of the training below. Please note that you need to log-in as a member to download the draft programme.
Course Directors: - Ms Annegret Groebel, BNetzA, CEER Vice President, Co-Chair CEER MIT WG.
- Mr Fadhel Lakhoua, CRE, Co-Chair CEER MIT WG.
- "My overall impression on the training course was positive. The programme was very well organised and most of the presentations provided helpful and useful information.".
- "I am pleased to take part at this training course and I learned a lot of things which will help me in my future job in REMIT".