This course is offered as Module 2 of the Series on REMIT Implementation - Level B: Specialised Course.
Since the adoption of the data reporting requirements on energy market participants, the implementation of the EU Regulation on Wholesale Energy Markets Integrity and Transparency (REMIT) has further progressed at the European and national level. National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) must take necessary measures to be well prepared to take on the demanding duties under REMIT.
NRA staff need expertise to carry out monitoring activities of the wholesale energy markets at national level according to REMIT. As part of this, NRA staff need to understand REMIT’s provisions as well as market abuse behaviours, investigation and enforcement procedures, interactions with financial market regulation and anti-trust regulation. This will help facilitate effective cooperation to ensure compatibility and consistency in the application of measures dealing with potential market abuse and their enforcement in energy markets.
Specialised experts from National Regulatory Authorities with previous experience in REMIT implementation and market monitoring (who have completed Module 1 of the CEER Series on REMIT Implementation or have 2 years experience in REMIT implementation and market monitoring). Other experts from European Institutions (ACER, European Commission) and financial regulators are also invited to attend.
NRA experts who register for this course will be granted free access to the online Energy Markets Training Programme of the European Federation of Energy Traders (EFET).
• Discuss the recent update on REMIT implementation at the European level and the data reporting requirements according to REMIT
• Review the interactions between REMIT and financial market legislation, including Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) and Criminal Sanctions for Market Abuse Directive (CSMAD)
• Compare the anti-trust enforcement in the energy supply business with the tools available to regulators under REMIT and MAR
• Discover practical surveillance and investigation cases, including using enforcement powers carried out by national regulators
Please check the draft programme of the training below. Please note that you need to log-in as a member to download the draft programme.
Course Directors: - Ms Annegret Groebel, BNetzA, CEER Vice President, Co-Chair CEER MIT WG.
- Mr Fadhel Lakhoua, CRE, Co-Chair CEER MIT WG.
- "It is a good training for staff in charge of REMIT. It is a balanced training between theoretical and practical matters".
- "I am pleased to take part at this training course and I learned a lot of things which will help me in my future job in REMIT".