CEER Commissioner-Level Seminar on Managing European and National Agendas on Energy Regulation
29-30 March 2017
With the recent publication of the European Commission’s proposals on “Clean Energy for All Europeans”, it is very important for senior staff of National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) to understand European energy policy, how it is developed by the EU and the role that NRAs can play in influencing it, both at European and national level.
Designed for: This seminar is exclusively designed for Commissioner-level and senior-level staff from National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs).
- Key insights into how energy policy discussions, developments and structures at EU level significantly affect regulators and energy markets, including the "Clean Energy for All Europeans" proposals.
- Unique opportunity to meet and exchange views with the key players at the European Parliament, European Commission, CEER, ACER on the new proposals
- Lively discussion on governance issues, the changing roles of regulators in the EU, regional and national framework and approaches in advising and briefing national Governments and Ministries
- Useful regulatory good practices which contribute to strengthening regulatory oversight and market confidence.
The programme offers a first-hand opportunity to learn from fellow senior regulators, policy-makers and energy actors who are directly involved in energy regulatory policy development and implementation.
What did participants say about the previous CEER's Executive Seminar?
"The seminar was eye-opening and provided a view of the strategic and political aspects".
"I left the seminar with a greater understanding of the EU processes and actors. I was very pleased to have met colleagues from NRAs as well as external contacts".
Course Director: Lord Mogg, CEER President and Chair of ACER’s Board of Regulators.
- CEER non-members: €3,000
Course fee includes lunches, coffee breaks during the course and one drink reception, not including travel and accommodation costs.
This course is only open to participants from National Regulatory Authorities. Priority is given to CEER members.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.
- No course fee will be applied if written cancellation requests are received at least 3 working days before the first day of the course. Full course fees will be applied for cancellation requests received after this deadline.
CEER offers two scholarships of 50% fee reduction to two participants from CEER members and observers for attending this course. The scholarships are offered based on the principle of helping those facing budget constraints to reduce the costs of sending their staff to CEER training courses.
The eligible NRAs for CEER Training Scholarships are those from countries whose GDP per capita falls below the 90% threshold of the EU-28's GDP per capita (according to the Eurostat official data: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/tgm/table.do?tab=table&init=1&plugin=1&pcode=tec00114&language=en).
Participants from the qualified NRAs are invited to apply for the two CEER Training Scholarships for this course by indicating this in the online registration form in the tab "Registration". When the registration is closed, the two selected participants will be notified whether they get the scholarships. If more than two individuals apply for the scholarships, only two participants from the qualifed NRAs with the lowest percentage from the Eurostat figures are chosen. An eligible NRA can benefit from maximum 2 scholarships per year.
CEER has blocked a number of hotel rooms with special corporate rate with Best Western Premier Park Hotel Brussels .
Rates (incl. VAT + breakfast, excl. city tax): €145.
21 Avenue de I'Yser, 1040 Brussels
tel +32 2 735 74 00
If you would like to benefit from this offer, please fill in the reservation form below before 27 February 2017 and send it directly to Best Western Premier Park Hotel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEER is not responsible for making the reservation on your behalf.
Cours Saint-Michel 30a, box F (5th floor)
B - 1040 Brussels, Belgium
For details on how to reach CEER, please click here .
For other questions on the course, please contact us: email@example.com or by phone +32 2 788 73 49.