The unique FSR-CEER training course on the Fundamentals of Energy Regulation brings together a superior regulatory expertise, in-depth knowledge of the sector and the profession and a rigorous academic understanding of regulatory principles.
The course is targeted at junior staff from National Regulatory Authorities and is designed to provide participants with a thorough introduction to the core energy regulatory rules and tools. Previous knowledge about European energy regulation is thus not required. By combining practical on-the-job experience with academic groundings the course seeks to build the operational understanding and capacity of regulatory staff.
The course incorporates a blended learning environment of on-line interactive activities and resources plus the in-depth training sessions, which will allow participants to:
- Discover the EU policy and legislative framework and its impact on regulators’ roles and responsibilities
- Examine in detail the fundamental principles and practical functioning of Europe’s energy grids and markets
- Consider the importance of these different elements in respect to the retail market and regulators’ duties towards protecting European energy consumers
For the full preliminary programme of the course, please follow the link here .
- CEER non-members: €3,000
The fee includes lunches, coffee breaks and a group dinner. Travel and accommodation costs are not included.
This course is only open to participants from National Regulatory Authorities. Priority is given to CEER members.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.
- No course fee will be applied if written cancellation requests are received at least 2 weeks before the first day of the course. Full course fees will be applied for cancellation requests received after this deadline.
Rates (incl. VAT + breakfast, excl. city tax) for single room: €139.
21 Avenue de I'Yser, 1040 Brussels
tel +32 2 735 74 00
If you would like to book a room in this hotel with this special rate, please fill in the reservation form below and send directly to Best Western Premier Park Hotel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other suggested hotels near CEER office, please consult the list below.
Cours Saint-Michel 30a, box F (5th floor)
B - 1040 Brussels, Belgium
For details on how to reach CEER, please click here .
For other questions on the course, please contact:
CEER: Anh Tran, email@example.com or by phone +32 2 788 73 49.
FSR: Hugo Gil, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +39 055 468 5875
Lord Mogg (CEER President)
Energy regulation progress from a national to a EU dimension
Klaus Dieter Borchardt (European Commission)
Achieving the EU Single Energy market: the remaining challenges ahead
Annegret Groebel (BNetzA and CEER)
The new Gas Target Model
Christine Materazzi-Wagner (E-Control)
Electricity regulation: moving ahead in a continuously changing market
Sue Harrison (Department of Energy and Climate Change, UK)
Agreeing on and implementing Network Codes: the difficult role of regulators