CEER fit for innovation through Dynamic Regulation
- Regulatory sandboxes
- “Classic regulation tools” such as incentive regulation and interconnection issues for islands not yet interconnected to mainland.
- Widening and innovating the participation/consultation of market participants in the process.
- Pilot projects, Pilot regulations and regulatory experiments.
Setting the functional requirements of smart meters in ordinances.
Selection of market participants to test innovative products or services with adapted regulatory requirements.
Digital Agenda for the Energy Transition (SINTEG)
Introduction of incentive regulation for continuity of supply in distribution networks.
Introduction of The Energy Innovation Pilot Environment.
Launching a regulatory sandbox to allow communities and home owner associations to apply for legal exemptions.
Launching an Innovation Sandbox Service.
Reflecting the experience of the recent pandemic with its massive changes in all areas of life, CEER is designing its new strategy which also includes a further development of Dynamic regulation.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CEER Approach to More Dynamic Regulation, C21-RBM-28-04, 08 April 2021.
- CEER Status Review Report on Regulatory Frameworks for Innovation in Electricity Transmission Infrastructure , Ref: C20-INF-74-03, 27 October 2020
- CEER Paper on Whole System Approaches, Ref: C19-DS-58-03, 30 June 2020
- The Bridge Beyond 2025 Conclusions Paper, 19 November 2019
- CEER Conclusions Paper on Dynamic Regulation to Enable Digitalisation of the Energy System, Ref: C19-DSG-09-04, 10 October 2019;
- CEER Conclusions Paper on New Services and DSO Involvement, Ref: C18-DS-46-08, 22 March 2019;
- CEER's 3D Strategy (2019-2021) - Digitalisation, Decarbonisation, Dynamic regulation: CEER's 3D Strategy to foster European energy markets and empower consumers Conclusions Paper, Ref: C18-BM-124-04, 9 January 2019
- CEER Conclusions Paper on Flexibility Use at Distribution Level, Ref: C18-DS-42-04, 17 July 2018
- CEER Conclusions Paper on Incentives Schemes for Regulating Distribution System Operators, including for innovation, Ref: C17-DS-37-05, 19 February 2018
- European Commission - Assessment and roadmap for the digital transformation of the energy sector towards an innovative internal market, 13 March 2020.
- OECD work on emerging technologies and regulation, 21st session of the Regulatory Policy Committee, 6-7 November 2019; GOV/RPC/RD(2019)6.
- The role of sandboxes in promoting flexibility and innovation in the digital age, Going Digital Toolkit Policy Note, 23 October 2019, DSTI/CDEP/GD(2019)7.
- ISGAN Smart Grid Case Studies - Innovative Regulatory Approaches with Focus on Experimental Sandboxes, Casebook, May 2019. The Regulatory Future of Emerging Technologies - A Scoping Paper on Gaps and Opportunities, 19th session of the Regulatory Policy Committee, 28-29 November 2018, GOV/RPC(2018)16.
- Regulatory approaches and tools to meet the decarbonization challenge, Conference Report, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, 16th April 2021