CEER fit for innovation through Dynamic Regulation
- Regulatory sandboxes
- “Classic regulation tools” such as incentive regulation and interconnection issues for islands not yet interconnected to mainland.
- Widening and innovating the participation/consultation of market participants in the process.
- Pilot projects, Pilot regulations and regulatory experiments.
Setting the functional requirements of smart meters in ordinances.
Selection of market participants to test innovative products or services with adapted regulatory requirements.
Digital Agenda for the Energy Transition (SINTEG)
The pilot regulation on flexibility services (UVAM) and Regulatory experiments of Distribution System Operators (DSOs)
Introduction of The Energy Innovation Pilot Environment.
Launching a regulatory sandbox to allow communities and home owner associations to apply for legal exemptions.
Launching an Innovation Sandbox Service.
Reflecting the experience of the recent pandemic with its massive changes in all areas of life, CEER is designing its new strategy which also includes a further development of Dynamic regulation.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Dynamic NRAs to Boost Innovation, Ref: C22-RBM-37-04, 31 May 2022
- CEER Paper on Regulatory Sandboxes in Incentive Regulation, Ref: C21-DS-74-04, 25 May 2022
- CEER Approach to More Dynamic Regulation, Ref: C21-RBM-28-04, 08 April 2021.
- CEER Status Review Report on Regulatory Frameworks for Innovation in Electricity Transmission Infrastructure, Ref: C20-INF-74-03, 27 October 2020
- CEER Paper on Whole System Approaches, Ref: C19-DS-58-03, 30 June 2020
- The Bridge Beyond 2025 Conclusions Paper, 19 November 2019
- CEER Conclusions Paper on Dynamic Regulation to Enable Digitalisation of the Energy System, Ref: C19-DSG-09-04, 10 October 2019;
- CEER Conclusions Paper on New Services and DSO Involvement, Ref: C18-DS-46-08, 22 March 2019;
- CEER's 3D Strategy (2019-2021) - Digitalisation, Decarbonisation, Dynamic regulation: CEER's 3D Strategy to foster European energy markets and empower consumers Conclusions Paper, Ref: C18-BM-124-04, 9 January 2019
- CEER Conclusions Paper on Flexibility Use at Distribution Level, Ref: C18-DS-42-04, 17 July 2018
- CEER Conclusions Paper on Incentives Schemes for Regulating Distribution System Operators, including for innovation, Ref: C17-DS-37-05, 19 February 2018
- ACER-CEER White Paper on the regulation of hydrogen networks, 9 February 2021
- CEER Report on Innovative Business Models and Consumer Protection Challenges, Ref: C20-CRM-DS-03-03, 20 September 2021
- Position Paper on the Key Regulatory Requirements to Achieve Gas Decarbonisation, 20 December 2021
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION STAFF WORKING DOCUMENT, Guidance on regulatory sandboxes, testbeds, and living labs in the EU, with a focus section on energy, July 2023
- JRC study: Making energy regulation fit for purpose. State of play of regulatory experimentation in the EU, 2023
- BNetzA sets maximum values for the innovation tenders, March 2023
- OECD report: Equipping Agile and Autonomous Regulators, September 2022
- 22 projects eligible for the second window of the regulatory experimentation system, April 2022 (in French).
- Evolution of the procedure for the CRE to process applications to the regulatory sandbox, November 2022
- European Commission - Assessment and roadmap for the digital transformation of the energy sector towards an innovative internal market, 13 March 2020.
- OECD work on emerging technologies and regulation, 21st session of the Regulatory Policy Committee, 6-7 November 2019; GOV/RPC/RD(2019)6.
- The role of sandboxes in promoting flexibility and innovation in the digital age, Going Digital Toolkit Policy Note, 23 October 2019, DSTI/CDEP/GD(2019)7.
- ISGAN Smart Grid Case Studies - Innovative Regulatory Approaches with Focus on Experimental Sandboxes, Casebook, May 2019. The Regulatory Future of Emerging Technologies - A Scoping Paper on Gaps and Opportunities, 19th session of the Regulatory Policy Committee, 28-29 November 2018, GOV/RPC(2018)16.
- Regulatory approaches and tools to meet the decarbonization challenge, Conference Report, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, 16th April 2021
- NationalgridESO on Dynamic Regulation (technical workshop), July 2021
IEA´s Gas Market Report, Q4 2021
Annual Report 2020 - Power Responsive, April 2021
The Energy Regulation and Markets Review - 2021 Edition
Dynamic Regulation Workshop - 25 June 2021